Revelation 19:9 Then he said to me, “Write:
‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’ ”
Lamps Without Oil
Matthew 25:1-13 The Parable of the ten virgins.
1 “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Three points to this verse
- This parable is about a KING who is also a GROOM.
- About a time between the first and second coming.
- The ten virgins represent the visible church, they represent those who profess to be Christians. Some in the church will not be ready when the KING of kings and LORD of lords returns.
2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
- They only had one job. That job was to light their lamps and to announce the BRIDGROOMS return.
- Are you a lamp with no oil, a torch with no flame, a lightbulb with no electricity?
they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the
house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your
Father in heaven.
5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
Two points to this verse
- There will be a delay.
- All 10 slept, even the wise virgins slept.
- Jesus has told us that he would be delayed.
- Don’t spend all of your time looking for the BRIDGROOM to return and neglect to take care of your job. Our job is to get ourselves ready for his return. We can go about our business, eat, work, sleep. Eat, work sleep but make time to prepare yourself and GOD’S church to be ready for the BRIDEGROOM.
taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into
6 “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the
door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’
- There will be church members (foolish virgins) who are playing "church", coming to church to be seen, coming because the music is great. If they have never made Jesus Christ their LORD and SAVIOR they will hear ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’
- Are you ready for the Second Coming of Jesus?
- Do you have "oil" in your lamp?
There will come a time, maybe soon, when it will be too late to get oil for your "Lamp"